Juan holds a degree in Law and is a graduate of Business Studies at the Comillas Pontifical University, ICADE – Madrid. Diploma in Cooperative Sciences from the Technical University of Madrid. Member of the Bar Association of Madrid. Mediator in commercial and civil matters. Judicial expert in matters of Industrial Property.
He is managing partner of Tavira y Botella in Madrid, which has dealt exclusively with Industrial and Intellectual Property matters since 1921. Against this background, he holds the title of:
- Industrial Property Agent
- European Patent Attorney
- Representative Agent before the Oficina de Armonización del Mercado Interior (OAMI) (Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market).
He is also a member of the Colegio Oficial de Agentes de la Propiedad Industrial (COAPI) (Official Association of Industrial Property Agents) and of the most important associations of the sector at a national and international level:
- Asociación de Agentes Españoles ante Organizaciones Internacionales de Propiedad Industrial e Intelectual (AGESORPI)
- Association of Agents Authorised before International Organisations for Industrial and Intellectual Property)
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
- Association Internationale pour la Propriété Industrielle (AIPPI)
- European Communities des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (FICPI)
- Since 2001 he has been a member of the Legislative Harmonization Commission of EPI.
Tel: +34 91 431 74 82